Friday, May 1, 2009

Rendering 1- Assignment 5



Assignment: Mask 1- Select a Halloween mask based on a human face. Paint the mask matte white. Render the mask in gouache. Use two light sources, one warm and one cool. Paint a flat black background behind the mask. DUE MONDAY, APRIL 20.
This assignment was AWESOME! I had a lot of fun with the dynamics of this assignment from finding the mask to drawing the mask on illustration board then into the actual painting of the mask. I found that I had trouble actually stopping at a point. I really need to work on finding a point and STOPPING! Anyway, I was pretty happy with the finished product and can see myself doing a series of these masks. I like the way they eerily stand out of the darkness. I found that gouache is a pain in the BUTT to work with, but you can really get good crisp lines and detail.
(note) I was worried about walking with it in the rain cause gouache does not keep well.

No comments:

Post a Comment