Friday, May 1, 2009

Rendering 1- Assignment 4



Assignment: Morning room scene- Using 2 point perspective, render the scene on coquille board using a black prisma color pencil and a full range of values and smooth shading. The room should look as if it is being dimly lit by light that is coming from a window. DUE MONDAY, MARCH 23.
This assignment was the most challenging thus far. When I bought the coquille board I thought to myself "This is some BULL!" This type of illustration board is really toothy and textured so when I was shading with the prisma color pencil I found that I really had to press hard in order to get the dark values as dark as possible. "A little elbow grease," says my instructor. I say a sh*t load of elbow grease and 10 prisma color pencils for one drawing. After all was said and done the picture did not come out the way I wanted it to, but turned it in so that I can learn to stop myself instead of rendering things to DEATH! This was a great project for humility. I did, however, enjoy learning two point perspective and also creating my concept. I chose to do a dungeon scene with a knight coming to the rescue of a damsel in distress. The dim light source does not come from a window, but a port hole into the dungeon. I did get a pat on the back for originality. I think I would like to take the same concept and redo the drawing in paint on a NORMAL illustration board.

No comments:

Post a Comment