Friday, May 1, 2009

Rendering 1- Assignment 6



Assignment: Mask 2- Render the same mask with a texture of your choice. Render the mask in a gouache wash and detail in prisma color pencils. Use two light sources, one warm and one cool. Paint a flat black background behind the mask. DUE MONDAY, APRIL 20.
Again this assignment kicked BUTT! Just when I thought it couldn't get any COOLER, my instructor throws a texture into the warm and cool color mix. I had a lot of fun finding what texture I wanted to do. I went with Dart Frog skin texture. The trick was to make that specific texture look like it was being lit by a warm and cool light. Prisma color was easier to work with, but did not seem to have the same crispness as gouache, but I think it turned out pretty well. I got some good feedback from the instructor. I really think I can do a series of these masks. Could be fun! A mask for every mood.

No comments:

Post a Comment