Thursday, April 30, 2009

Typography 1- Assignment 3






In this assignment I was asked to take over a hundred different photos of text around my town of Aliso Viejo. I was to take pictures of each letter in the alphabet (Capitol and lowercase). I was also asked to do numbers 0-9 as well. I found it very easy to find text around my town, but found it very difficult to take the picture due to mall and store policies. I was sent to the mall security office and asked to leave the premises. I then went to Laguna to take pictures and was run off by shop owners. Luckily I was able to finish all five sets of alphabets. After I had the images I was told to place them in Adobe Illustrator and create five sets. This assignment taught me to LOOK at other text where ever I go. There are so many different kinds, some good, some bad, but all can be appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment