Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Cuckoo's Nest Logo Design:2009



This is my very first Logo Design. Thank you Nina for giving me the opportunity to create this logo for you!
For this design I was told the logo needed to resembled a dear friend of Nina's. Nina gave me a picture and a couple of t-shirts that included past designs. The design also had to be pirate related. So, Nina asked if I could make her friend a pirate. I was also told that the pirate needed to be holding a wine goblet in one hand and grapes in the other. After a couple of practice sketches and dreaming up looks for this t-shirt logo, I finally came up with one that I worked. After I hand drew the picture of my pirate with reference to Nina's friend I then hand inked the drawing for crisp and richer lines. I then scanned the image into Adobe Illustrator and live traced the image for a cleaner graphic look. Lastly I added the text with Illustrator and sen it to Nina for approval....and she LOVED IT! YAAAAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment