Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Rendering 1- Assignment 2




Assignment: Life- Create a small, portable still life made up of a smooth, matte white cylinder, sphere and cube, glued to a surface. Render the objects and their cast shadows using a full range of graphite pencils and smooth shading. The still life should look as if it is being lit from above and to the left. DUE Mon. February 16.
This assignment was another assignment that allowed me to further understand smooth cross hatching while also using all different graphite wieghts. After creating the still life with several styrophome shapes I snapped off a few digital photos and placed them into photoshop to highten the contrast. I printed out the reference as well as kept the model constructed at home so that I could work at school as well as at home. I was to use ranges of graphite from H4 to B4. I had a lot of fun exploring and expirimenting with the different values of graphite. I wish I would have spent even more time darkening this picture for ultimate contrast.

No comments:

Post a Comment